- Incorporated on September 21, 2022 in Texas. Approved by the IRS as a 501(c)(3) Tax Exempt organization on January 17, 2023.
- All Donations to the Foundation are tax deductible.
- The Foundation was established to obtain, protect, manage, and disburse funding and resources for local area small businesses in the areas of education and business resources.
The Foundation is organized and shall be operated exclusively for scientific, charitable, and educational purposes within the meaning of Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 or the corresponding provisions of any subsequent federal revenue law (the “Code”), including, but not limited to, the making of gifts and grants in a manner consistent with the requirements for organizations described in Section 501(c)(3) of the Code, and to conduct, accomplish, and carry on its objectives, functions, and purposes or any part thereof set forth in the governing documents of the Foundation as amended from time to time, within or outside the State of Texas.
This Foundation is additionally organized to promote, encourage, and foster any other similar religious, charitable, scientific, or educational activities; to accept, hold, invest, and reinvest and administer any gifts, legacies, bequests, devises, funds, and property of any sort or nature, and to use, expend, or donate its assets, and all income therefrom, for and to devote the same to, the foregoing purposes of the Foundation; and to do any and all lawful acts and things which may be necessary, useful, suitable, or proper for the furtherance of accomplishment of the purposes of this Foundation. Provided however, no act may be performed which would violate section 501(c)(3) of the Code as it now exists or as it may hereafter be amended.
Vision Statement: “To foster a thriving and resilient community, the La Grange Area Small Business Foundation envisions a future where every individual, entrepreneur, and business in our region has access to the resources, knowledge, and opportunities needed to succeed and contribute to the economic prosperity and vitality of our community.”
Mission Statement: “The mission of the La Grange Area Small Business Foundation is to advance economic development in La Grange and its surrounding areas by promoting scientific, charitable, and educational initiatives. We are dedicated to empowering local businesses, entrepreneurs, students, tourists, and consumers through:
- Education and Training: Providing comprehensive educational programs, workshops, and resources that enhance the skills and knowledge of local businesses and aspiring entrepreneurs.
- Community Engagement: Fostering a sense of community by encouraging collaboration, networking, and partnership opportunities among businesses, organizations, and individuals.
- Sustainable Growth: Supporting the growth and sustainability of small businesses by offering grants, gifts, and financial assistance in alignment with our 501(c)(3) status.
- Cultural and Economic Enrichment: Cultivating the rich cultural heritage of our region and leveraging it to attract tourists, stimulate local spending, and boost the economic well-being of the community.
- Ethical and Legal Responsibility: Upholding the highest ethical and legal standards to ensure that all our activities align with Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, both now and in the future.
As stewards of our assets and resources, we are committed to the long-term betterment of the La Grange area, working tirelessly to empower individuals and businesses alike. By embracing our diverse community and the unique opportunities it offers, we strive to create a brighter, more prosperous future for all.”
These vision and mission statements reflect our dedication to promoting economic development, education, and community engagement in La Grange and the surrounding regions while adhering to our legal obligations as a 501(c)(3) organization.